TEST PATTERN OF CAT 2016:
Before facing a exam just look on complete CAT 2016 exam pattern.CAT is an challenging exam to the every candidate to get the admission into the top most IIMs in India and abroad also. The candidates enter into universities as a student and come out as business professionals in 2 years program.
- CAT 2016 is purely a computer based test. An online keyboard and calculator presented on screen physical key boards are not worked at that time.
- Test duration will be 180 minutes. Extra time will be provided to candidates belong to PWD/DA category.
- Language mode of the exam will be English only.
- There will be several questions that are not MCQs, but Type-In-The-Answer (TITA) questions.
CAT is an online exam and CAT aspirants will have to solve 100 questions in 180 minutes.
It has three sections:
- Quantitative aptitude (60 min)
- Data interpretation and logical reasoning (60 min)
- Verbal and reading comprehension (60 min)
THE NEW CHANGES IN EXAM PATTERN:
- The first change in the exam pattern instead of two sections we have three section. The numbers of questions are not changed yet. The data interpretation and logical reasoning sections clubbed into a new section.
- IITs introduces sectional time limit in this year. Last year students have 170 minutes if time to complete the test .It would be not possible to answer all the questions any more. That was the reason officials make change overall time by 180 minutes and three section each having a equal of 60 minutes of time
- In these test few questions are will not have any answer options, student need to type a answer instead. One greater change an on screen calculator is presented in the math section.
- Finally, the presence of TITA (Type in the Answer) type of questions shows the exam is more a test of knowledge than of short cuts and tricks. That is what the students should gear towards.
- Secondly, if students start using calculator for all the questions then they will struggle to complete the section within the specific time limit. So we would suggest, use the calculator for more difficult questions where lot of calculations happen.
- The Math section more or less is the same. Possible to get more overall score in this section. I think the strategy of going through all the topics and focusing on Arithmetic, Numbers, Geometry, which are the traditional major question contributors in CAT, will hold students in good stead.